Terms of Service
Scope of Work
I (the Coach, Instructor, Consultant) will provide support through non-judgemental, effective listening, high quality questioning and constructive challenging to assist you (the Client) with your physical, professional and personal development.
The Client should understand that success of our intervention requires a co-active collaborative approach. Within the interaction of our work, I fulfil the role of a Facilitator of Change, but it is the Client's responsibility to enact and bring about this change.
Our process may address specific work-related, personal and physiological conditions in the Client's life. My services include, and are not limited to, goal setting, brainstorming techniques, defining an action plan, psychometric testing and personality inventories.
If either party believes that the process is not working as desired, either party must communicate this accordingly and seek to either implement an alternative working strategy with agreed working practices and timelines or seek to terminate the process.
With a background in Yoga Training, Life and Executive Coaching and Occupational Psychology, I do not engage in any therapeutic work with my clients. In entering into this process, you are agreeing that if any medical, physical and / or mental difficulties arise during the course of our process, you will notify me immediately so that we can discus and agree an alternative, appropriate referral.
Privacy and Confidentiality
The client can declare his/her preference not to discuss a specific issue. Confidentiality will be maintained between both parties. As a Coach, Instructor and Consultant, I shall work within the professional ethics and guidelines as designated by both the International Coaching federation (www.coachfederation.org), the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (www.emccuk.org) and The Independent Yoga Network (www.independentyoganetwork.org).
All information will remain strictly confidential except in very rare circumstances where decreed by law, i.e., where the court might issue a subpoena for information.
Termination and Cancellations
Both parties agree to provide each other with two weeks' notice in the event that it is desired to terminate the process and 48 hours' notice to cancel and/or reschedule an appointment
Code of Conduct
As a professional Coach, Instructor and Consultant, I agree to:
- Always conduct myself to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of the clients and organisations in which I work, either internal to that Organisation or as a third party consultant, by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the Coaching and Yoga professions in general and myself as a professional Coach and Yoga instructor
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients and professional organisations
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations, roles and responsibilities of both parties
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed
- Respect the absolute rights of the client's confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law
- Recommend different resources or professional interventions when these will be more appropriate to the client's needs
- Avoid all conflicts of interest and give notice of such potential conflicts to the Organisation or potential client with whom I work. Advise both the organisation and the client of the risk of conflict if a relationship moves beyond a coach/client situation (For example a personal or business relationship)
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond your competence to assess
- Avoid working minors (i.e., people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent or guardian as appropriate
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the UK Advertising Standards Authority
- Make a copy of this Code freely available to clients if they request it
- Respect and action the client’s right to terminate and withdraw from the coaching process, should they wish to discontinue, and should this be by the appropriate means to termination, as set out in the Terms of Service